Thursday, May 31, 2012

The First Year of Parenthood

In the last year and 8 months, I feel that I've had to quickly adapt to life as a parent. Now, don't get me wrong, I've always thought I'd probably have kids. I just never thought much about the day it would come. In fact, our first kid, August Falcon Axil, came as a surprise when Haley took a pregnancy test during one of our Untamed Science shoots. She wasn't feeling all that great and low and behold, we found the answer!

Baby August enjoying a cake
August enjoying his first cake!
Since the day in October of 2010 that we found out, we've been through all the stages of pregnancy, and the whole first year of being parents. Let me just say, it made my life much more difficult. I wouldn't want to do it without him though. We bought a house, fixed it up, rebuilt our studio, and spent countless hours awake to a crying baby. But, every-time I look at him he makes me laugh. 

No longer am I the same self-guided person. Now I have a family and I'm really starting to like the fact that I'm a Dad!  I think I can really get used to it. I feel I have a lot to share. Here is a short video I made for Haley and August over the course of the last year, that I think recaps the whole experience well!


No comments:

Post a Comment